Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Oral History: Interview with Calvin & Reba Wills


Mammaw, Pappaw, and Me.
Photograph taken December 2010 at their
60th wedding anniversary.
Calvin Wills is my grandfather (my father’s father) and Reba Miller Wills is my grandmother (my father’s mother). They currently live in Carlisle (Nicholas County), Kentucky but Pappaw is originally from Paris (Bourbon County), Kentucky. Both are 82 years old. They will be married 63 years in December. Mammaw and Pappaw, as I call them, are two of the most special people in the entire world to me. They have been there for me throughout my entire life and have taught me so much during our time together. In the background of this interview, you may notice a bubbling sound -- my mammaw was making homemade apple butter and that sound is it boiling.




1 comment:

  1. Listening to your Pappaw's stories is like listening to someone reading a history book—which is one of my favorite things to do! The stories of Germany, POWs, and the post-war years in Kentucky (around minutes 18-35). Can I come over for some of that apple butter that Mammaw was making? :)

    ReplyDelete